Mission statement & Strategy
Improving Administrative Sciences among Latin American and the Caribbean by promoting the good governance and supporting the pursuit of modern and accountable public administration.
To strengthen liaisons among Latin American and the Caribbean specialists in Public Administration, both scholars and practitioners; to promote innovative ideas, methods and techniques in order to develop the theory and management of public policies.
- to develop Public Administration in the regional context of the Latin America and the Caribbean area;
- to promote comparative research and the development of administrative theory from the perspective of Latin America and the Caribbean;
- to facilitate the application of innovative ideas to the regional Public Administration;
- to stimulate the professionalization of the Public Administration in the Latin America and the Caribbean region;
- to promote contacts and create networks among professionals, academics and public officials of Latin America and the Caribbean;
- to take advantage of the collective intellect and the efforts of the organizations in the region to promote Public Administration and the elaboration of policies based on evidence;
- to promote a research culture and help build research capacity in public sectors of the region;
- to develop authentic research lines, contextualized in the Public Administration, that address the problems of the same in the region, identified by the relevant local actors;
- to serve as a foundation for all public servants of the Public Administration in Latin America and the Caribbean in the use of evidence to develop policies and decision-making.
ACTIVITIES / SERVICES
To realize its objectives, the LAGPA implements the following actions:
- organizing an annual Conference;
- publishing a semiannual review, the RAP-GLAP;
- participating in other international events of PA.